Pomme d’Api is committed to offering our students a quality early childhood educational experience where French is an integral part of the program.
We provide a safe and nurturing environment where children can develop healthy self-esteem. All children are accepted and respected, and their family heritage is valued. We encourage parents and children to share special cultural occasions with the teachers and other students.
We believe that children learn spontaneously while engaged in free play and fun structured activities, and we provide opportunities for the children to develop emotionally, socially, physically, and cognitively.
Pomme d’Api has the following goals:
- to make our children’s first experience of “school” as enjoyable as possible
- to provide a stimulating and friendly environment in which they can explore
- to introduce them to the French language as naturally as possible
- to use a wide variety of activities, equipment, and materials
- to explore topical themes with songs, games, puppet plays, creative activities, outings, and invited guests
As a parent-run school, our secondary goal is to draw from the talents of the parents to administer the school and organize events that directly benefit the children both in the classroom and during extra-curricular activities.
Our focus is to enable our children to get the best possible experience while they are enrolled, and to ensure that Pomme d’Api continues after we have moved on.